Thinking of a getting a new roof this summer? Finding the right roofing contractor can be a tough decision, with so many options available. Here are a couple of tips on choosing the right one for you and a couple of companies in the Lansing are you can contact to get started.
Tips for Finding the Right Roofing Contractor:
- Visualize: Find a company that has software that you can use to see how certain colors will look on your house. This software can take the guess work out of how a different color will look on your house. Maybe now is the time to change from one color to another.
- Use Scotchguard protection to avoid those ugly algae streaks and stains. We’ve all seen those streaks and they make any roof look much older than it is. If you plan on selling your home in the future, you want it to look as new as possible.
- Ask for a free estimate. Some companies charge service fees to come out to your home for a estimate and then remove the fee if you choose them to perform the work, others do not charge at all for the estimate.
- Make sure they are licensed and insured. Protect yourself and your property from injury or damage. This should be a must of all contractors you interview.
- Ask about the written warranty. Does it include labor? How long is the warranty good for? Make sure to get it in writing!
- Do they have recent references? Most companies can provide references, but make sure they are recent clients. There is high turnover at these companies and so quality can change quickly.
- What is their cleanup policy? Not all contractors use the same methods and may leave you with damaged landscaping or nails in the yard. Don’t just assume they will leave your yard the way they found it.
- Do they have financing options? Roofs are expensive and most people don’t have savings to pay for them. Many companies provide financing but you need to check the interest rates if you go this route.
- Check their scheduling options. If your roof is currently leaking, you need someone who can do the work NOW! Some companies just can’t get to the work as soon as you need them too.
If you’re lucky enough to live in the Lansing, Michigan area, finding the right roofing contractor just got easier.
Here’s a list of roofing contractors we recommend;
- Streamline Enterprises Inc.
4171 Legion Drive Mason, MI 48854
- Exteriors of Lansing
212 W. Mt. Hope Hwy. Lansing, MI 48917
- Palmer Construction
3120 Pine Tree Rd. Lansing, MI 48911
- Sherriff Goslin
3008 S. Canal Rd. Lansing, MI 48917