Lansing Home Buyers
If you've ever purchased a home in the past, you were likely blown away by the depth and complexity of the process ... let alone, the amount of required paperwork. Because of this, it's not a surprise why most people choose to work with a highly experienced broker.
Below, you'll find just about everything you'll need to get started with the process of buying a home in mid-Michigan. Of course, if you decide you need a helping hand, feel free to give me a call at 517-974-6614.
Download Our Home Buyer's Guide
Everything you need to know about the home buying process in mid-Michigan! From market trends to search strategies. From financing strategies to local amenities. It's all here and compiled by one of the area's most experienced real estate agents.
What An Agent Brings to the Table:
- A skilled agent will help you find that PERFECT house. Okay, there's no such thing as a perfect house, but an experienced agent will be able to find great matches - dramatically reducing the number of homes you need to tour. This isn't just about getting the right price! Other things to consider are: location, square footage, style, local amenities, distance to schools and hospitals, and much more.
- On that previous point, price is super important. However, this is no small issue. Other financial considerations: Your budget. Your cash flow. Pre-approval of financing. Alternative financing. Going into this process with all the right knowledge can put you into a much better position for price negotiation.
- Did you know that an agent can work for you (as a Buyer's Agent), OR act on behalf of the seller (as a Seller's Agent), OR act as a seller's Sub-Agent or act as an intermediary between both you, the buyer, and the seller as a Dual Agent. The role the agent plays is important, but nothing is more important than the experience they bring to the table. ALWAYS hire an agent with great depth of experience. Considering this may be the most important financial decision you ever make, it's only logical that you get the best guidance possible!
- Experienced agents know all the tricks of the trade and will have access to all the homes in the MLS system... as well as those that may not have yet made it into the system yet. Finding the right home for a prospective buyer is truly an artform in itself.
- Experienced agents are detached from the emotion of the buying experience. They're able to see homes for sale and what opportunities are possible that you might miss. If you've ever watched 'house flipping' shows, and are amazed at the transformations that some of these homes undergo, you know what I mean. But it doesn't have to be a full-blown reno. Little tweeks can result in dramatic changes to a home.
- Experienced agents know their areas. How towns are growing (or declining) and concerns you might be unaware of like: taxes, proposed bonds, neighborhood restrictions, zoning laws, and the like.
- Although an agent isn't allowed to provide legal counsel, they do have connections with knowledgeable real estate and contract attorneys that can give you the advice you may need.
- Experienced agents have deep networks. They can hook you up with local home inspectors, surveyors, repair services, contractors, pest control pros, etc.
So, are you convinced? Yes, hiring an experienced agent has its advantages. Call me if you'd like to chat about how I can make the home buying experience in Lansing a stress-free and enjoyable one.
Resources I've collected for you ...
I've helped home buyers in the following Michigan communities...
Bunker Hill Township
Delhi Charter Township
Lansing Charter Township
Meridian Charter Township
White Oak Township
Delta Charter Township
Eaton Rapids Township
Oneida Charter Township
Bath Charter Township
DeWitt Charter Township
Watertown Charter Township